The laboratory of Biochemistry of the Faculty of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of Chile begins with Dr. Osvaldo Cori in the year 1956 until the year 1985, year that goes to the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Chile

Later it is in charge of the professor Aida Traverso-Cori from the year 1985 until 1999.

Since that year, Professor María Antonieta Valenzuela has been in charge of the laboratory.

Currently the laboratory is leading by 3 independent research groups, Dr. María Antonieta Valenzuela, Dr. Mauricio Baez and Dr. Christian A.M. Wilson